At the request of readers and instructors, Dr. Connor has added sixty more pages of techniques and queen management ideas. He has expanded the concept of the queenless builder colony for use by those beekeepers who want to graft more frequently. This book will help you if you only need a few queens a year, or if you want to produce hundreds or thousands. The concepts are basic, the photographs “astounding”, and the book comes “Highly Recommended” by reviewers. If you save the cost of one queen, you have paid for the book and learned a great deal about bees and queens.
Table of Contents
- Overview of Queen Rearing
- Biology of Cell Production
- Cell Starting
- Transferring Larvae (Grafting)
- Cell Finisher
- Queenless Builder Colony (Combined Starter-Finisher)
- Handling & Transporting Queens in Different Stages
- Clipping & Marking Queens
- Drone Production
- Nucleus Production, Adding Cells to Nuclei
- Queen & Colony Evaluation
- Many Queens Are Killed By Beekeepers
- Cells and Queens Only
See more of our Advanced Beekeeping Books.
See our entire collection of Beekeeping Books.