Half Gallon Sugar Syrup Jar
This Plastic half-gallon jar is twice the size of the typical feeder jar used by most beekeepers, allowing beekeepers to make less visits to refill syrup jars but still able to fit in an entrance feeder.
We have designed this jar specifically for beekeepers to meet the unique needs of the average backyard beekeeper.
- UV inhibitor added to the plastic so it doesn't break down
- Holds 8 3/4 cups of syrup or 70 fluid ounces
- Thick walls so to prevent the plastic from flexing in the sun
- Wide rim to create a better seal on the plastic or metal lid
- Textured hexagon walls to provide better grip when twisting
- Holds slightly more than 1/2 gallon which means less trips to refill
- Transparent, food grade plastic so it's easy to see and safe for bees
The walls of the jars are thick and durable, ensuring the jar can be used for years but the total width of the jar does not interfere with sliding the boardman feeder into the entrance. The mouth is wide enough to be filled with syrup easily and fits a typical small mouth jar like the two-piece lids used on a Mason jar. Unlike some feeder jars, our jar is transparent so you can see the syrup level in the jar from a distance.
Each jar is molded with a UV protectant to keep the plastic from becoming brittle in the sun and to keep the syrup from fermenting or growing bacteria inside the jar.
See more of our Feeding Tools.
See our entire collection of Beekeeping Supplies.