- HOW IT WORKS: Each frame comes with 4 separate pieces, a top bar, bottom bar, and 2 sidebars that fit together with glue, nails or staples to form the frame. In each frame fits a sheet of the foundation for the bees to build their comb on top of. Each frame is designed to fit inside a medium box in just the right way so it can be easily removed and inspected by the beekeeper.
- MEDIUM / HONEY BOXES: Medium frames are most commonly used inside the medium boxes where bees will store additional, extra honey that can be harvested by the beekeeper. While traditionally used in medium boxes/supers, they are becoming more popular among beekeepers who use medium boxes for the entire hive. Our All-medium kits are an example of that.
- BEE SPACE: Our frames are designed in a very specific way that works well for the bees and also the beekeeper. There is a gap that bees prefer inside the hive between two sheets of comb and it is called the bee space. When frames are placed in the box and touching each other, they spaced exactly the way the bees want it because of the innovative design of the frames.
- ASSEMBLY: These frames are sold unassembled, but can be assembled using typical hand tools everyone has. A hammer, nails, and a good quality wood-glue are all that is needed to assemble the frames securely. Good construction is key so the frames do not fall apart in the hive.
- GROOVED TOP/ GROOVED BOTTOM: These frames are designed with a groove in the underside of the top bar and on the upper side of the bottom bar. These two grooves provide a place to snap in a sheet of foundation for the bees to build their comb onto.
Looking for medium foundation, click here
Looking for medium frames with foundation, click here
Looking for deep frames, click here
Looking for deep foundation, click here
Looking for deep frames with foundation, click here