We absolutely love this Olive Green beekeeping jacket with all of its smart features built into it. We have been protective gear for years, have used them in our operation, and are very proud to have our own version built for commercial and hobby beekeepers. Our ventilated bee jackets provide the maximum protection possible to prevent bee stings while still being comfortable.
This is a great bee jacket with clever features, thoughtful design, and sting-proof ventilated material that works great on those hot summer days. This comfortable bee jacket is much higher quality and priced cheaper than other jackets with fewer features and a cheaper design.
See our entire collection of protective beekeeping gear.
We promise this will be the best beekeeper jacket you have used.
- Oversized Pull Rings: Each ring on our zipper is a plastic YKK ring with a large pull tab, making finding and grabbing gloves much easier than the standard zipper pull tab.
- Pullover Style: The sleeper feature of our ventilated jackets is their ability to be put on without unzipping any part of the jacket. Once you zip the jacket closed, we designed our neck so the jacket can pull on and off without unzipping or zipping. The neck of our jacket has been oversized to easily let your head through. We love this feature.
- Overlapping Neck Zipper: The spot where the zipper comes together under the chin is the most vulnerable spot for bees to get in, so we have an overlapping zipper system that keeps bees out. One zipper follows behind the other to create a 2-inch area where bees can't get through.
- Extra Long Torso: One of the features we have built into our jackets for years is the extra length in the torso. This is one of our most popular features as it helps keep the jacket from riding up your waist while working your bees. You'll love this simple feature that makes a big difference in being comfortable.
- Triple Layer Fabric: The ventilated fabric over the entire jacket is thick enough to keep bees out at 5 mm and still light enough to be comfortable in the bee yard. The 3 layers of fabric are designed to let the maximum airflow through the mesh but provide the extra protection needed to keep stingers out while also letting you stay cool.
- Easy Access Smart Veil: Besides being designed well for all beekeepers, the collapsible fencing veil, also called an accordion veil, can be entirely removed with a zipper for washing or replacing. The front of the veil has an internal wire frame for extra support but will still allow collapsing for storage. The front of the veil has an additional zipper that unzips the front so you can drink, fix hair, smoke, or scratch that nose that always starts itching when put on your jacket.
- Improved Veil Screen: Our mesh is extra durable and will not tear from regular use. This improved screen is much better than the standard screens as it is much stronger but still easy to see through.
- Smart Chest Pockets: We have designed our chest pockets to have a variety of sizes with both velcro and zipper closures. These closures give you various ways to keep your beekeeping tools, pens, pencils, keys, and phone secure. One chest pocket is designed to hold a phone securely while recording a video or audio while working your bees. The same pocket has two horizontal Velcro pockets that can hold Neoidum magnets that are strong enough to hold your hive tool in place.
- Improved Elastic: The jacket has an extra-strong elastic waist and elastic wrists that are twice as wide as the industry standard, which means it's twice as durable and strong as the standard jacket.
- Velcro Cuffs: In addition to the strong elastic cuff, each cuff has a 2-inch wide velcro strap for extra security from stings and as a backup to the elastic band.
- Elbow Protection: A solid fabric on each elbow helps prevent tears or premature wear on the ventilated material when keeping bees or working in tight places.
- Multiple Pockets: We have zippered and non-zippered pockets in all the right places, so you can find the right place to hold your hive tool or other essential items in a secure way. The multiple pockets have multiple sizes so you can store your beekeeping accessories like hive tools, queen cages, notebooks, etc.
- YKK Zippers: We have used YKK metal zippers for years in our beekeeping operation and store, but after thorough testing, we have decided the plastic YKK zippers are easier to use and will not rust. These have broad teeth, are considered heavy-duty zippers, and are much less likely to bind than other zippers.
- A Properly Sized Veil: The jacket includes a self-supporting accordion veil that is appropriately sized, so the screen fits comfortably in front of your face but is also far enough from the face; a hat or other headpiece isn't required.
Easy to Clean: The protective jacket is machine washable, so it is easy to clean and kept in good shape for years. Hand wash the veil and air dry both.
See more of our Jackets and Veils
See our entire collection of Protective Clothing