10 pack Api Var strips, enough for 5 colonies
50 Pack Api Var strips, enough for 25 colonies
Apivar strips consist of only two components:
- Amitraz, an acaricide, is the active ingredient in Apivar strips.
- Apivar® is packaged in vacuum-sealed foil pouches. A single application of two strips per brood chamber is sufficient to treat a hive, so you spend less time and effort treating your bees, and there is less disruption of the bees than with many other treatments.
- Strips are not individually wrapped and must be used within 2 weeks after opening.
- This active ingredient is delivered to the honey bees via the polymer strip, which is specially designed to constantly deliver the active ingredient via the surface of the strip after it is placed in the hive.
Apivar works by contact: the active ingredient is delivered continuously over time. As bees walk on the strip’s surface they pick up molecules of the active ingredient and then distribute them throughout the colony.
Apivar has been subject to a variety of stringent regulatory studies and evaluations and its high effectiveness was proven by various scientific trials in different countries, with a constant efficacy between 97 and 99% for more than 10 years.*
Directions for use:
- Remove honey supers before application of Apivar.
- Use 2 Apivar strips per brood chamber (i.e., one strip per 5 Frames of Bees - FoB).
- Separate the double strip and hang each strip between two comb frames inside the brood area or the bee cluster, with a minimum distance of 2 frames between strips.
- Suspend Apivar strips in the heart of the brood (not on the edge) in such a way that the bees can walk on both sides of the strips.
- Leave strips inside the hive for 42 days, and then remove.
In case of movement inside the beehive far from the strips, reposition the strips into the bee cluster, and leave the strips in place for 14 more days.
Strips must be removed after a maximum of 56 days. DO NOT re-use the strips.
Hang Apivar strips in the hives in the spring and/or the fall if Varroa mite infestations have reached the treatment threshold.
Treat all of your colonies simultaneously to avoid re-infestation.
Withholding period for honey collection:
Wait 14 days after removing strips before placing honey supers on hive. DO NOT USE APIVAR STRIPS WHEN HONEY SUPERS ARE PRESENT. If mite infestation reaches treatment thresholds in fall, remove surplus honey supers before using Apivar.