HOW IT WORKS: Adult small hive beetles are naturally forced and corralled into the traps by the bees. As the beetles hide in the traps, they get caught in the oil reservoir and can't come out. An extra compartment for a lure encourages more beetles into to crawl into the trap.
- DOES NOT DISTURB BEES: Easy to secure trap onto the top of a frame, while minimizing disturbance to the hive and still allowing all frames to fit in the box. Bees will continue to work inside the hive undisturbed making beekeeping and catching beetles easier.
- BAITABLE TO TRAP MORE BEETLES: Includes two compartments to hold basic cooking oil for catching beetles and one compartment to lure beetles into beetle jail trap. Beetles are attracted to fermenting fruit like melon, banana peel and apple cider vinegar works too.
- EASY TO CLEAN: The traps have thin slots for beetles to enter and it works by trapping beetles in oil compartment and killing them quickly. Compartments can be easily opened up to empty and rinse with running water
- MULTIPLE TRAPS PER HIVE: For best results, place 2-4 traps in top box between outside frames and the side of the box. Small hive beetles naturally hide in the top corners where the traps are placed.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device