- INDUSTRY STANDARD: The Varroa EasyCheck is the backyard beekeepers standard for easily and accurately testing bee hives for varroa mites using an alcohol wash to determine the health of your honeybees with minimal disturbance to the colony.
- ACCURATE AND SIMPLE: A small sample of young honey bees are removed from the hive and combined with rubbing alcohol or windshield washer fluid in the Varroa Check and shaken to wash adult varroa mites off the bees; dislodged mites fall through the small holes in the strainer basket and are easily counted
- MAKE EDUCATED DECISIONS: Test your hives for mites in minutes directly in your bee yard and make scientific, educated decisions on how to help your honey bees without having to wait days for results and can make a management decision on to treat or not to treat your bees
- KEEP YOUR BEE HEALTHY: Our Varroa Check comes with detailed instructions and tips and tricks for getting the best results quickly and easily so you can make the best decision on how to keep your honeybees healthy and active so you can maximize nucleus hive or honey production
SMART DESIGN: Each Varroa Check is small enough to fit into a tool box and contains a tight-fitting threaded lid, strainer basket with built-in measurement lines for 200 or 300 bees, and a transparent reservoir for washing mites and bees with alcohol; after each test, alcohol can be strained and reused with the next hive
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device